Jugna Shah, MPH, CHRI
Jugna Shah is a nationally recognized expert in health care policy who has been deeply involved with Medicare payment systems throughout her entire career.
Jugna Shah founded Nimitt in 2000 after working through the implementation of Medicare’s Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) with providers. This experience gave her a profound understanding of the day-to-day operational and financial realities that must be overcome to ensure patient access to care. Jugna thrives on providing education to all types of clients to help them understand complex (and often arcane) coverage, coding, and reimbursement policies.
Jugna is a passionate advocate who applies her laser focused tactical and strategic problem-solving skills to improve health care delivery by reforming payment systems so patients can access the care they need.
- Teaching – and watching the lightbulb go on when people “get it”
- Advocating with payers on behalf of providers using data-driven arguments
- Replicating Medicare rate-setting methodology to find flaws – and propose fixes!
Points of Pride
- Assisted 10+ countries implement a DRG-based health care budgeting system
- Convincing CMS to use unique logic to create the CAR-T MS-DRG 018 relative weight
- Creating the Provider Round Table – like Arthur’s Knights, but with Medicare payment
- Certified yoga instructor and silent meditation aficionado