Stephanie Farnia, MPH
Stephanie brings extensive expertise in cell and gene therapy reimbursement and access to Nimitt’s industry and provider association clients.
Before joining Nimitt, Stephanie served as the inaugural Director of Gene Therapy and Cellular Immunotherapy for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA), providing strategic leadership and direction on cell and gene therapies to the BCBS companies. Previously, Stephanie held policy leadership positions at the National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match and the American Society of Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (ASTCT). She thrives on sorting out the unique reimbursement issues that come with medical innovation and is well-known for fostering collaboration across diverse stakeholder groups to advance health policy.
- Analyzing Medicare’s New Technology Add-on Payment decision-making
- All things coverage, commercial payer, and specialty networks
- The intersection of excess loss insurance and high-cost therapies
Points of Pride:
- Middle-school volleyball coach
- University of Minnesota School of Public Health’s Alumni Innovator Award (2021)
- Spreading the gospel of fried cheese curds